News is added to this site periodically. Please visit regularly for updates.
You also can sign up to receive our quarterly e-newsletter.
News & Events
Special Day of Giving Challenge Match
SPECIAL GIFT MATCHING OPPORTUNITY FOR THE DAY OF GIVING
WONDERFUL NEWS! As RPTS seeks to maximize the potential of the Day of Giving on October 3, we are pleased to announce that through the generosity of a friend of the Seminary, we now have a matching gift program available to donors that is better than ever! Praise God for this provision—and read carefully how this new program will work.
- All gifts from $25 to $1,000 will be partially matched by The Pittsburgh Foundation at www.pittsburghgives.org. This is the heart of the program, and is consistent with what the Foundation has done other years for gifts of $1,000 or less. We don’t know what the percentage will be, but we believe it will be in the neighborhood of 15-20%.
- Anyone who makes a $1,000 donation via The Pittsburgh Foundation and sends an additional donation (up to $10,000) via a check to RPTS will qualify for an additional match from the Seminary.
- In order to qualify, the check must be dated October 3, 2013, have the words “Day of Giving” in the memo box, and be received no later than October 9, 2013.
- The RPTS match amount will be 30% of the amount given—up to a total of $60,000 in gifts received. (As stated in the previous bullet point, no single check for this program can be for more than $10,000.)
Fred donates $1,000 to The Pittsburgh Foundation, credited toward RPTS. Fred also sends a check, dated October 3, 2013, to RPTS for $2,000. The Pittsburgh Foundation determines that the gift amount for the Day of Giving will be twenty cents on the dollar.
- Fred’s gift of $1,000 is partially matched by the Pittsburgh Foundation for twenty cents on the dollar. RPTS receives $1,000 plus $200 matching funds.
- Fred’s gift of $2,000 to RPTS is partially matched by the Special Gift Match for thirty cents on the dollar. RPTS will receive $2,000 plus $600!
- Fred’s gift of $3,000 is magnified to $3,800.
This is an opportunity to multiply your financial support. Please give generously. Our goal for this Day of Giving is to raise $160,000 which can be applied directly to the demands of our annual operating budget. The needs are great, but our great God is the creator and owner of all; we are but stewards of those good things that we possess. Will you steward your resources wisely by multiplying the impact of your gift? And yes, tell your friends! Become a player on the team—and a cheerleader as well! By God’s grace and strength, let’s go forth and conquer!
For Christ and His Covenant,
Jerry F. O’Neill
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Sampson at email@example.com or at
Back to News/Events Page